Are you looking for the next step in your career? Join everis!
Everis is a dynamic, growing and ambitious consulting, IT and professional services firm. We employ worldwide more than 24,500 professionals in 18 countries and keep on growing, with a 20% annual growth on average. Everis is part of NTT Data, the 6th biggest IT Service Company in the world with more than 100.000 professionals and a turnover of more than 15 billion euros.
The Belgian office was set up in 2010 and currently we have more than 350 people working for the European Institutions and in the Private Sector (Banking, Insurance, Industry). Areas of expertise are business consulting, implementation, infrastructure services, ITO and BPO.
We are currently looking for a System and Middleware Engineer to join our fast-growing team in Brussels, with the following characteristics:
- You define, install and maintain the infrastructure and technical architecture as part of everis’ software application and package implementation projects. This can ranges from application or data migrations of environments, installations of new system, ongoing maintenance and continuous improvement activities, integration of new software’s and middleware’s in the client environment, performance tuning, and more covering both ‘non-production’ and business critical ‘production’ environment.
- This always happens in accordance with the needs of the internal project teams and our customers, so that the change impact on the day-to-day business of our customers is minimal and a smooth transition into production and ‘go-live’
- You have strong technical skills and are comfortable directly working with internal or client application and business stakeholders to translate ‘non-functional’ requirements around infrastructure, security, monitoring etc… into a target solution for which you manage the implementation and configuration.
You plan with a view on minimising the impact on customers and anticipate potential challenges from the perspective of several possible solutions.
- Proven working experience in installing configuring and troubleshooting Windows Server based environments covering all aspects including installation, security (AD, LDAP). Microsoft Windows Server MCSE/MCSA certification consider highly preferred.
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMWare/HyperV, Azure VM etc..) and high availability / disaster recovery
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP, routing, switching), Firewalling, Vlans, VPN , load balancing
- Experience with monitoring systems (e.g. SCCM, Nagios, Solarwinds)
- Solid scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python) including version and version management of such scripts
- Remote desktop environment (Citrix or MS Remote Desktop)
- Experience with automation software (e.g., Puppet, cfengine, Chef, …)
- Management, installation and level 3 support of both non-production and production environments
- Experience with installation, administration, and performance tuning of RDBMS (SQL Server, Progress OpenEdge RDBMS)
- Experience with installation, administration, and performance tuning (e.g.,Tomcat, JBoss, Apache, Progress OpenEdge AppServer).
- Ability to organize self and others
- Ability to decipher technical data and explain it in plain English and structured documentation (system diagrams, technical designs, installation and operations manuals)
- Can prioritize workload and execute tasks accordingly and in line with industry best practices
- Works well in team situations
- Likes solving complicated problems in a fast-paced and pressurized atmosphere
- Prefers hands-on tasks
- Passionate and motivated, i.e. willing to work overtime for the sake of the user experience
- Resistant to stress
Education & experience
- BBS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Strong communication skills, oral and written in English. Good understanding of at least one of the local languages (French, Dutch) a strong plus.
Fill in the form
Data controller: Everis Belgium
Purpose: To manage your possible participation in the current personnel selection processes within everis Group companies. To manage your possible participation in future selection processes and to send communications about everis Group activities and recruitment events.
Legitimation:Consent of the interested party.
Recipients: Companies belonging to the everis Group, some located outside of the European Economic Area. Data Processors, some located outside of the European Economic Area.
Right: To access, modify and delete data, as well as other rights, as explained in the additional information.
Origin: In some cases, candidates' data could come from third parties such as employment portals, professional social networks, temporary employment agencies, recruitment consultants or head hunters, as well as teaching centres or universities.
Additional information: You can view additional detailed Data Protection information by clicking the following + info