Are you looking for the next step in your career? Join everis!
Everis is a dynamic, growing and ambitious consulting, IT and professional services firm. We employ worldwide more than 24,500 professionals in 18 countries and keep on growing, with a 20% annual growth on average. Everis is part of NTT Data, the 6th biggest IT Service Company in the world with more than 100.000 professionals and a turnover of more than 15 billion euros.
The Belgian office was set up in 2010 and currently we have more than 350 people working for the European Institutions and in the Private Sector (Banking, Insurance, Industry). Areas of expertise are business consulting, implementation, infrastructure services, ITO and BPO.
We are currently looking for a Legal Officer to join our fast-growing everis Contract Management Unit in Brussels.
The everis Legal Officer will be requested to provide day to day legal advice and support for different Business units active within various everis offices (Belgium, Luxembourg, The Netherlands,…). The candidate will report directly to the Contract Management Lead.
The Legal Officer will be requested to offer support as part of the Contract Management Unit as follows:
- Drafting and reviews:
- draft and/or review all types of legal documents, agreements,...
- secure proper approval on non-standard legal and business focus-points raised in documents
- review, analyze and maintain standard legal documents and contracts
- assist in the implementation of internal legal documentation and templates
- Interpreting and translating legal documentation in view of a practical application - general business legal:
- answer questions during contract negotiations
- provide advice and contract interpretation on the provisions of specific agreements as well as legal issues
- drafting formal communications
- Answering complex questions from internal teams and conducting analysis on various topics (public procurement, commercial law, contract law…):
- drafting clear and developed explanatory notes
- formulating solutions
- identifying legal risks
- participating in meetings regarding various legal projects
- attending meetings or calls and drafting minutes
- Collaborating with external legal advisors
- Master’s degree in Law
- Minimum of 1-2 years of professional experience in a legal department, procurement or legal consultancy; ideally in similar role(s) or combining both legal tasks and intensive interaction with internal stakeholders
- Experience in International/European environment will be considered an asset.
- Good command of Office tools (especially Word and Excel).
- English is the working language and the most important for this role.
- French and/or Dutch will be considered an asset.
- You are persistent, methodical and with high attention to details.
- You are an analyst in nature and you have strong organizational skills.
- You have good communication skills, are assertive and capable to properly deal with different cultures and nationalities.
- You are motivated, willing to learn, flexible and open-minded. Above all of this, you are a reliable and responsible person.
- We are looking for a real team player with a positive attitude.