everis UK is hiring and we have an opportunity for a Lead Site Reliability Engineer to lead a small team and continue shaping and transforming a large online e-commerce platform of a well-established retailer (a long-standing client).
The ideal candidate will be joining a London team of SRE, Support Engineers and Developers responsible for all aspects of the website APIs that serve 6 countries across 2 continents.
The responsibilities include code build, code release, infrastructure continuous improvement and evolution and proactive monitoring.
- Experience working with a large, highly available server state.
- Strong focus on continuously improve scalability, performance and security of the platform.
- Good communication skills to interact with other engineering teams to help them improve availability, reliability and resilience of the infrastructure and systems.
- Good experience with Windows Server
- PowerShell experience focused around the automation of the Windows Operating System would be beneficial.
- Comfortable with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment as concepts.
- Exposure to some commonly used CI / CD tooling. (Jenkins, Nexus, Git).
- An understanding of common network technologies like DNS, Load Balancing, SSL, TCP / IP, HTTP and how they are used.
- Experience with a configuration management tool (Chef, Puppet, Ansible).
- Strong troubleshooting skills and a focus on monitoring driven preventive maintenance