As part of the continuous growth of everis we are looking for an API Architect to join our Technology team in London.
A Technical API Architect is expected to combine software development and architecture design expertise with an aptitude for technical consulting, troubleshooting, and analysis. You'll work on customer-facing teams to support organizations implementing/improving their API Strategy.
- Experience gathering requirements and defining the strategy for application integration for a specific customer, with good soft skills on engaging and working side-by-side with client’s counterparts (Solution and Enterprise Architects). Customer orientation and technical strategic acumen is a must;
- Experience implementing enterprise integration architectures;
- Experience designing integration solutions, with good understanding of Enterprise Integration Patterns;
- Previous proven experience in hands-on applications’ architecture and solution design;
- Familiar with architecture quality attributes, their basic tactics and most-common trade-offs. Experience tackling performance, availability, security and maintainability issues.
- Understanding and experience on most of the following types of Integration solutions: Enterprise Service Bus (ESB), API Management and iPaaS.
- Understanding and experience on most of the following types of Integration protocols/principles: SOAP and WS-* stack, REST APIs, RESTful, RPC/RFC.
- Understanding and experience on most of the following architectural styles: Layered Architectures, Transactional applications, Client-Server, Sync/Async messaging, Microservices, PaaS-based architectures and SaaS-based applications; Experience designing Cloud PaaS and SaaS solutions.
- Ability and experience for estimating complex IT projects, including assumptions, risks, issues, improvements and dependencies based on documented scope, under waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Ability to breakdown a problem into smaller manageable parts to find the best possible solution; Ability to clear ambiguity and drive tasks to closure;
- Strong communication skills.
- 3-5 years of experience as a Technical Architect working with Integration platforms and API-oriented development.
- Proven experience with an API Management Platform (Apigee, Mulesoft) for at least 1 year.
- Strong background in API REST, Integration platforms
- Ability to work in an Agile environment with a strong practice in BDD, TDD, CI, CD, Git, Jenkins, Confluence, JIRA, Swagger.
- Good understanding of Architecture, Integration and Design Software Patterns
- Experience in enterprise projects with complex applications integrated with each other.
- Understanding of security paradigms having used patterns/technologies like OAuth2, Auth0, ForgeRock.
- Nice to have experience with container technologies (eg. Openshift, Kubernetes)